Co-founder and Executive Director of NFRC, Risa Garon, LCSW-C, BCD, CFLE, has published many articles in the Huffington Post offering advice, reflecting on client situations, and guiding parents through family transitions.
Read Risa’s publications here:
- Where Is My Home for the Holidays?
- Sports as a Battleground for Families in Transition
- Back To School Rules for Co-Parents
- Teens Caught in the Web of Parents’ Conflicts
- The Meaning of Gifts: How Much Do You Want to Spend on Your Children?
- Celebrating Children’s Birthdays
- The Black Hole
- Adolescence and Divorce: Helping Families and Teens Cope
- A Young Adult’s Reflections About Her Parents’ Divorce
- A Gift From a Parent to a Child
- How to Parent a Teen Post-Split
- How to Handle the Holidays Post-Split
- 7 Tips to Promote a Sane and Child Focused Divorce
- The Effects of Divorce on Adolescents
- Loneliness: The Sound of Silence
NFRC’s soon-to-be-released E-Book, CoParents Forever, offers strategies to help parents work together to address the needs of their children. Parents learn about issues that affect many families: mental illness, substance abuse, learning challenges and parent conflict. When parents want to take the next step and create a child focused parent plan they can work on the online program that is part of the package purchased with the manual.
Talking to Your Children About Separation and Divorce
Risa Garon’s book, Talking to Your Children About Separation, for years has provided a sense of hope and support for children and families by providing concrete suggestions on ways to express feelings, adjust to changes in family relationships, and build a problem-solving approach to many divorce-related concerns.